About Small Business Spotlight

A Coda community for business owners to connect and share docs, best practices and tricks of the trade. We’ll also share special Coda docs here to help you save your business time, money and (hopefully) headaches.

We’ll use this place to:

• Share weekly templates and goals
  • Discuss best practices, tips, and tricks
  • Discuss solutions and answers to your business questions
  • Announce weekly winners and prizes

We can’t wait to see what you Coda in this program!

:office::coffee::man_office_worker::woman_office_worker:

4 Likes

Hi Maria,

I m trying to create a template to manage my inventory in a restaurent,

I really dont know where to start, if you could give me a hint :slight_smile:
thx,
Thomas

2 Likes

Love this idea @Thomas_Gonzalez! We have this inventory template (it’s for bikes) but I think the core concept will help.

EDIT - Also definitely check out Hudson Henry Granola’s template for inventory!

The core steps:

1. Create a table with all of your inventory items
  2. Add a table for “Running Low”
  3. Add buttons to check items in and out

Keep us posted with how we can help!

Curious to know - what kind of restaurant do you have? I’m feeling hungry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Thomas and Maria…I’m also working on small restaurant inventory and website. I think that this can actually help me do both. Am I right with that feeling?

0 Likes

Hi @Derin_Tolu - definitely! Share more about what you need, and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

0 Likes

well I got the website in wordpress for now. I have the entire inventory on a spreadsheet which I uploaded and through CSV to create posts, but I think there is a better way to do this where the info would be pulling from a single source, therefore always updated, even allowing online ordering and being all connecting through a single database. I Just don’t have a clue where to start.

0 Likes

Hi @Derin_Tolu,

I recoemmend starting with outlining what your ideal process would look like. This is will make sure you know what you need to build. Just hearing the basics, I would recommend:

1. Have a Coda doc that is your entire inventory
  2. Connect it to your Wordpress site with Zapier so people can post requests that populate a request table
  3. You can then triage your list of requests

We’re happy to dig in more!

0 Likes