An updated copy/paste experience looking for beta testers

I’d be interested in trying as well.

Thanks!

Would love to give this a try

1 Like

@getraf Feel free to post it here, or to send a direct message to me.

@yyyguy thanks for the feedback! We definitely understand the flow you are describing. We discussed using the approach you are describing. The main reasons we went with the current approach of having the user change the options after paste are instead of a blocking modal are

1. If we get the defaults right for majority of cases, then it will reduce the total number of actions required by a user to accomplish the task at hand. The goal in genera is to help a user accomplish the task at hand as quickly as possible in as fewer steps as possible.
  2. New users who are not yet familiar with the concepts of Table and Views may not find the blocking modal beneficial since they may not understand the difference to make the right choice.

That said, we are still iterating on this and as we roll it out to more users we may change this based on how we observe the feature being used.

2 Likes

Sure definitely a feature needed because i copy my board from month to month just to seperate an organize everything but from now i add to create another doc and copy paste from it and change the fonction.Hard to do everytime.:+1:t4:

I would love to be part of the test team.

Happy to help test. Just let me know!

Sign me up! I’m ready.

Lloyd

Count me in! Thanks!!

@getraf @Tim_Engman @Warren_Baker @Lars_Rasmussen @Laina_Marcellin @Lennys_Santana @Bryan_deSilva @Lloyd_Montgomery @Naji_Makarem Your accounts have been enabled for the new copy/paste functionality. You will need to reload your documents to get the new behavior.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, when you paste you will see a notification pop up towards the middle-bottom of the screen, with a link for options. Please click on that to change the desired paste behavior. We are are working on making this UX better.

1 Like

I would love to help @Himanshu! :wave:

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Regards,
Arturo

Would love to be part of this if possible.

Count me in! I’d like to know more about how to preserve indents & spacing when I copy/paste documents over from StarOffice/LibreOffice.

I’d be happy to help test!

If not too late, I’d also love to beta the new copy/paste. I copy/paste a lot!

Hello @Himanshu
Nothing happens when I copy paste tables from one document to another. It simply paste the table, no pop up, nothing.

Count me in! Look forward to testing it.

Count me in, love playing with new features.

:raising_hand_woman: