Beta: Forms [Closed - because we've launched!]

Update - This Beta is closed, because we’ve launched!
Learn more at Launched: Forms

Hey all,

Forms is one of our most requested features—and it’s almost here! We’re opening up a beta for a few weeks to get additional feedback and help squash any bugs.

They are external facing, so you can share them without others seeing the data/tables/docs behind them.

• Collect feedback from customers and users.
  • Conduct anonymous staff surveys.
  • Embed a form on your website and connect it to your workflows.
  • Send multiple form variations and connect all the data in the one table.
    • The beta sign-up form is an example of this use case.

If you want to check it out yourself and find out more, just sign up here before the end of the week :slight_smile:

https://coda.io/@glennj/coda-forms-beta

32 Likes

4cf

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

This is actually really great. The more I think about it the more use cases I have…

We use a lot of form software on our front facing websites. We can now allow our customers to send us purchase orders through a form, and collect form data without dealing with messy emails.

Impressed… Still waiting on attachments though. Work flow just does not work without them.

I am down to try it out if you don’t mind getting me in on it. We are in the prototyping stage, but will soon likely purchase a license.

Done. Like it already.

Yay! Forms was the # driver of gsheets usage in the early days - huge :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, this is a big deal. surveymonkey should start crying

Very nice! I think the biggest feature missing right now is the ability to create “conditional questions” (you only answer certain questions if you choose a specific answer before). I use it all the time and it can be very handy.

3 Likes

Can i collect patient health information using this??
Thanks,
Guy

Forms are definitely one of the must features for most business use cases, at lest at my company :slight_smile:

Hi, please add me to the beta!

There is a beta release for file attachments, check out this thread. Not sure if they are still accepting requests to join the beta testing though.

Hi Guy - We can’t provide legal guidance and unfortunately cannot give you a firm answer here beyond recommending you adhere to your local legal requirements for managing patient information. You are welcome to review Coda’s Security documentation at https://coda.io/trust/security for more information.

2 Likes

No dramas is it HIPAA compliant?

Hi Guy,

The best I can do is refer you to this part of our Terms:

Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, Customer may not submit any Customer Content that includes a social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, or similar identifier, credit card or debit card number, or any other information which may be subject to specific data privacy and security laws including, but not limited to, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HiTECH), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA),or the GDPR or any other data which is considered to be sensitive or which could give rise to notification obligations under data breach notification laws.

1 Like

I wonder if we would be able to achieve the following functionality - clicking on a button from cards which loads a form as pop-up. Ideally, it would be a play-only document which loads a form which is recording the entries to a coda table :thinking:

My case (right now I use Typeform for this) is to create a list of packages visualised as cards and when the user is clicks on a button to select a package to open the Coda form as pop-up/layout and fill it in.

My current setup which I would rather upgrade.

I believe you could just change the button to open the hyperlink to the Coda form. If you need to change the form in each card, add a If function to the button to switch the link accordanly to the card name or identification property. If you need it as a popup, why exactly do you need a form? You can create a button to add new row and make it to open the row for editing (which will open the popup to fill).

Hi Guiherme,

Thanks for the reply.

The setup is a bit more complicated than than. Currently the doc is embedded into a webpage.

This is how it’s setup now actually.

The form is to fill in information which is going to be recorded into the document despite the play-only embed of the page.

I tried this before the post and unfortunately it opens the row. I can’t figure out how to open the form.

My initial idea was to have a button which creates a row from Table A (packages) in Table B (subscriptions) and opens the row with pre-filed (copied from A) data, except for the email field available to fill in. I didn’t manage to make this work, yet.

No need to expand this discussion here, to be honest. Just wanted to share a use case.

Thanks everyone for signing up, the response has been amazing and we have so far opened up our beta to 100s of you already. We’ll be pausing any more beta sign ups to gather feedback and get ready for launching later this year. For those that are already in, keep the feedback coming :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Feedback: I am using forms to collect entries from people on FB and discovered that on mobile it does not load inside the FB web browser.