Calendar + To-Do integration

I’d like stuff on my calendar to disappear as I check off things from my To-Do list

On top of this, is there a feature for “Checked” things on my to-do list to delete a day after completion? I feel like it’s useless checking it off if I have to delete it from the table anyway

HI Gabriel

• You can do this by filtering on the checkbox.
  • You can do this using an automation

Regards
Piet

Thank you!‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Actually, could you go more in-depth on how to do these things? I’m quite new to Coda

Hey @Gabriel_Duong ,

This is the beauty of using Filters and Automations. Let’s say you have a table with two columns: “Tasks” and a “done” checkbox column. If you select Filter from the Options menu, you can setup something like this:

Now, when you click a checkbox, that row will disappear because it is being filtered out.

If you want everything checked off to be deleted after a day, you can setup an Automation by clicking “Insert” in the top left and searching for Automations or going to the Settings Menu. You can then setup an Automation like this:

This will delete everything checked off as done at 9:00 AM every day.

3 Likes

Perfect! It worked great.

One last thing:

Is it possible to create a task on my to-do list that automatically goes to the calendar (if I have a date)?

Hey @Gabriel_Duong – if your Calendar is a view of the Todo list table, it will automatically show up in the calendar! (As long as it has a beginning date and time and end date and time.

2 Likes

Thank you! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.