Coda 2.0 Pricing Updates

12 Likes

You’re building a rock-solid reputation for both the quality of the product and the closeness to your customers.
Well deserved congratulations!

10 Likes

Now I finally understand who is behind the amazing team from Coda…
Behind this AWESOME team I knew there was an AWESOME leader!
@shishir thanks for listening! This is a true sign that you care about your users and this will definitely pay off in the long run!
First of all. You got a new “conversion” today and I’m going to become a paid user!
Second I’ll start spreading the word :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work!
:muscle:

6 Likes

15 Likes

Really appreciate the transparency and willingness to listen to the community. I hope this pricing model doesn’t result in lower-than-sustainable revenues if people cheat on the who’s-a-maker thing, but hopefully that should be offset by better growth from this model. Good luck and keep us posted!

9 Likes

Am I dreaming or did you give us more than [most of us] asked!? Absolutely amazing.

8 Likes

Have to login just to say: “amazing work!”, my non-profit community with more than 100 volunteers now can continue to survive with Coda. And we become fans, and we will continue to spread to words!

10 Likes

HA! Perfect way to put it!

3 Likes

And within a few weeks!

3 Likes

@shishir @jaime @BenLee If I subscribe at the Pro level today (11/19/19), will I be able to use Cross Docs immediately? The pricing page hasn’t been updated yet, but I can’t tell if it is just lagging behind or if the revised plan has yet to be implemented. Thx.
JB

1 Like

This post was our announcement and the changes are being implemented this week. Not quite there but getting really close!

We’ll update this post when everything is in place and goes live.

4 Likes

This is SO exciting.

4 Likes

Well thought, Codans!

I can only second the community’s response. It’s excellent how you listen to your early adopters, those that would be your advocates to other businesses and your promoters going forward. I am sure boosting them would bring you great financial benefits which you deserve! We would like you around, so getting this pricing right is the first step of making it profitable.

Not sure how much a maker’s pricing will be. Yet the community raised some very good suggestions and I see that most are ready to spend up to a certain amount monthly/yearly. Getting this right is crucial now.

EDIT: 3.5 years from that original comment of mine - I couldn’t have been more wrong about Coda! It didn’t listen to the early adopters; it definitely didn’t care about those who spread the word about it at the beginning. Coda.io definitely proved me wrong and it’s because one simple thing - security and access rights.

2 Likes

Thank yo Coda team! This makes a world of difference. I wouldn’t have signed up using the original pricing structure, but the new structure makes complete sense for my business.

4 Likes

The new pricing changes are now live!

If you’ve already signed up, you’re good to go. If you were paying for extra editors, your account will be credited. If you have not signed up yet, please visit the Pricing Page and see what tier works for you!

Thank you all again for your participation and feedback!

6 Likes

I noticed that locking is still a team feature. That’s really unfortunate for using Coda to prototype an app, as I’m not a team, but I still want my users to be locked out from making harmful changes to the app.

2 Likes

Individuals can sign up for the Team plan as well!

If you’re sharing with others, it still turns into a really low per-person cost and you get some powerful features…like Cross-doc Actions too!

2 Likes

Are cross-doc actions launched already? It’s in the pricing table and not marked as “coming soon”, but there was no announcement on that.

One extra idea: consider adding “real-time automations” somewhere. Maybe enterprise plan, or a team plan, but I totally see how for some people it may be a crucial thing, something worth paying an extra for.

3 Likes

Um, YES!!! I audibly yelled Yes!! with family members all around. So, I of course had to explain how awesome Coda is yet again!! Thanks Coda!!! This is a software and team I can boast about!!!

4 Likes

Nice these are great changes! > love this tool.

4 Likes