Complex workout routine help

I’m trying to come up with a coda app to model a particular workout routine.

There are 84 days in the overall program broken down into 7 day cycles. No two weeks are exactly the same.
2 days are flexibility (M/W) and are always the same each week.
The other days vary between 11 different workouts made up of a mix of 9 different exercises. Some days, the circuit is 4 exercises for 5 rounds and others it is 5 exercises for 4 rounds. 30 seconds on. 30 seconds off. 20 minute routines.

I’d like to be able to track my progression over time (am I doing more pushups now than a month ago, understanding that a day with 5 sets will yield more than a day with 4), but can’t figure out a mental model for how to structure this.

I built a fairly robust to do app, so not completely new to this. Any help is appreciated.

Hi @Jeremy_Kriegel,

I created a rough doc you can use to brainstorm and create your own. Can you take a quick look at the https://coda.io/t/The-Blogilates-September-Workout-Calendar_tIbMamFuC2z template too as it is similar to what you want.

You can use this doc to track workouts or you can ditch the workout and create 84*4 rows to indicate exercise per day and then add a little button to track each individual workout. Just depends on what you want to track and how you want your report to be.

2 Likes