"Delete" option in context menu for all elements

Image blocks, PDF blocks can be easily selected and then deleted, but paragraphs, which are also blocks, cannot be deleted as a whole, only the text of the paragraph can be selected using the cursor and then be deleted.

Therefore the option “Delete” in the context menu of a paragraph would be useful in order to be able to delete the whole paragraph with one click.

Yes, this is a simple yet clearly ergonomic and intuitive must-have !

I would like to warm up this topic again:

When working with pages in documents on a daily basis, there is still a bit of a hassle when deleting some (very common) elements. Hence my appeal:

PLEASE
let us finally have a delete option in the context menu (3-dot-icon) for:

• paragraphs
  • headings
  • images
  • line separators
  • links
  • mentions
  • code blocks
  • files

as it currently already exists for:

• pages
  • tables
  • layouts
  • list items

Thank you!

Bumping this again. It’s already 2023, I have no idea why Coda team do not consider to put a “delete” option. It’s a simple straightforward user-ability feature. If my backspace is broken, I’m actually doom and cannot delete anything in Coda other than what you’ve mentioned “delete” exists.

1 Like

For years I have been wishing for a context menu entry “Delete” for paragraphs, headings, links, line separators, block quotes, mentions, formulas, etc., just as it already exists in Coda for checklists, callouts, columns, code blocks etc.

I would like to point out once again that this very basic feature has not yet been implemented. Why is this the case, are there specific reasons for this?
It is now 2024. Please see how Notion, FuseBase (formerly Nimbus) or ClickUp handle this.

Only with Coda is it still tedious to delete elements like paragraphs or headings and other blocks. Actually this should not really require more than one click.

It would also be good if a selected paragraph was marked with a background color so that you can see what you have selected. This has long been standard in comparable apps and services.
Why has Coda never implemented this?

Here are screenshots from Notion, FuseBase and ClickUp to illustrate what I mean:

1 Like

I can add Craft to my selection of examples (native Mac app as well as an online service).