Distinct members in bar chart

Hi,

I have a Bar Chart that sum all the duration spent for each members on a specific task. When I have 2 members on the same task, it gives me an additional bar with the name of the 2 members as if it was a new member.
Is there a solution to make sure that the duration is affiliated to The 2 members instead of creating new one?

1 Like

Hi @benoit_gramond, and welcome to this community! :slight_smile:

AFAIK, there are no obvious solutions for this.
If you find it useful, I created a simple example in order to “ungroup” your task owners in a different table: please, have a look:

However, I believe that this is just a workaround solution for a design that maybe needs to be re-thought?
In the end - from a Task perspective - you are multiplying durations of tasks for all the members that are working on.
This is one of the reasons why Task Management Systems usually have one owner (assignee) for each task.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Cheers

@benoit_gramond hi and welcome to the community!

I think you can do this by filtering the graph:

[Members].count()=1

1. Introduce a table Members if there’s no already. If there is, skip to step 3.
  2. Use rows from Members to assign tasks to them instead of People.
  3. Look up events into each member’s row. Calculate what’s required (e.g. sum of session durations of linked events) into a column of the Members table
  4. Set up the chart based on the Members table, not the Events table

Great example @Paul_Danyliuk, :trophy:

Shedding a different perspective by being creative in the shema design :stars:

1 Like

@Federico_Stefanato Tanks a lot ! :slight_smile: Yes indeed, I usually track tasks with owners. The thing in that in this case it’s not possible.
Your solution is amazing!

1 Like

@Johg_Ananda thanks a lot ! I really need to have the time calculated. If I use that it simply delete the rows with more than one member right?

@Paul_Danyliuk thanks a lot, that sounds like the best solution!

@Jean_Pierre_Traets @Paul_Danyliuk yeah that’s true! thanks

@benoit_gramond it won’t delete the rows, but will not display them

1 Like