Equivalent in Coda to Notion's Templates?

Hi, i’m new to Coda and I was wondering if there is an equivalent in Coda to Notion’s Templates?
Where I can create a skeleton of a doc and re-use it again and again… (i’m not referring to the templates section that has some pre-made templates…) .

thanks!

Dear @Tom_Reuveni, welcome to the Coda community!

Although the “templates” in the explore section are a kind of support when building, Coda doesn’t have (yet) custom made templates.

Several other users (incl. me) have asked this to become available and having in mind how many new features :building_construction: are added in the last months, we have good hope this feature to see day-light soon. :rocket:

:bulb:

For the time being, I created a page that contains the “basic template structure”, like meeting notes, to be copied back (manual) on the right section to have a consistency in the structure

I recommend also to checkout this feature developed by @Shane_Robinson, a good example on how to build consistency in documents :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

1 Like

Thanks for the tap, @Jean_Pierre_Traets! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Tom_Reuveni let me know if my examples are what you’re looking for (or point you in the right direction) and/or if you have any questions.

@Shane_Robinson This looks really cool! I will dive in deeper :slight_smile:
Thank you for the resource and for your response.

1 Like

@Jean_Pierre_Traets Thank you so much for the detailed response
and the great reference.

1 Like

Hi @Tom_Reuveni ,

What sort of skeleton docs (Pages) are you hoping to re-use? I’ve seen teams use Product Requirement Docs (PRD or PRFAQ) or Project Briefs as template pages that they copy from.

I created this doc to illustrate how to design templates similar to how you might in Notion (you’ll want to create your own copy of this doc to play around with it).

2 Likes

Following up on this, we’ve made it even easier to build, share, manage, and collaborate with your own custom templates today! [Launched] Custom templates: drag, drop, and slash your way