Error using RowId(CurrentValue)

Coda seems to get grumpy when using RowId(CurrentValue), but it tends to comply anyway.

Is there a better way to do this, or is it okay to just roll with it?

Could you elaborate on what you are trying to do?

Hey Piet!

Here’s an actual formula example. In this one I’m essentially calculating the outstanding commission balance for a certain affiliate based on All Commissions Earned - Commission Payouts Made:

[Attributed Sales].Filter(Ambassador=thisRow.Ambassador).[Calculated Commission].Sum() - [Commission Payout].Filter(Ambassador=thisRow.Ambassador AND CurrentValue.RowId()<=RowId(thisRow)).[Amount Paid].sum()

To clarify, I’m aware that I could create a column dedicated to RowId and that would likely satisfy Coda - I’d just prefer not to add more columns if possible.

Hi Patrick,

Have a look at the little icon next to ambassador, it shows that it is a whole row. You are comparing that to the single value rowid().

Hence the error message that the types are incompatible. I’m unfortunately not at a laptop at the moment, but you need to ensure that the left side of the comparison is a specific field. I am not certain that you actually need the “AND current value…”. You have already filtered to Ambassador.

Regards
Piet.

Hey Piet,

I understand what you’re saying, but I think maybe you’re misinterpreting my formula.

In the end, it works fine, but Coda doesn’t love that I’m using CurrentValue in the way that I’m using it. As long as it continues to comply, all should be well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.