First day of the week Monday/Sunday

Massive +1 on fixing this bug. The week definitely starts on a Monday not Sunday!

2 Likes

Why no one still not fix this problem? since 2018… please fix it ;(

Out of hope of finding a temporary workaround for those in this thread, what’s the best solution that you have found so far?

There is no solution to this. I contacted Coda support they said that they are mainly focused on USA business so the rest of the world doesn’t matter much at the moment for them. Hopefully at some point it changes and they realize that the world is not only USA.

4 Likes

USA! USA! :slight_smile: just kidding…

Plus one! :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

This is also relevant to this thread:

Let me remind you, there is voting feature on top of this page next to the topic and currently there are only 5 votes. Maybe will coda prioritize this really annoying issue higher, if we vote for it more?
Go for it!

3 Likes

Wow that’s sad. No plans to go international?

I am not quite sure what amazes me more: the ignorance of not implementing such a simple feature or the lack of business sense to understand the impact of ignoring this requirement.

Looking at Coda itself it cannot be a lack of competence or capabilities to do so, as it is not a very complicated feature to add a setup element giving the user the possibility to choose between American, European, and Middle East starting days for the week. - not as a set up element for the whole implementation but obviously for each doc.
Any software company that wants to be taken seriously providing solutions to the international market has to have set up features, such as defining the first day of the week, the thousand separator, the time format, etc.
This is a clear sign of customer centricity or not.

What I find more striking though is the latter: the lack of business sense, the ignorance towards international customers, neglecting the international market potential. Their is a comment above, that Coda Support mentioned their focuse on the US market. Well, if that’s the case, simply don’t accept international customers. Don’t accept customers from of abroad, make it clear to them that you are not interested in them. As an investor, I would be seriously concerned about Codas’ serious lack of understanding how their market works. Of all of those markets truly globalised, the cloud-based solution market is one of them, which implies that you cannot simply ignore a significant amount of potential customers and even more ignore existing customers. If Coda wants to be considered as a serious market player in the low-code application development market, they have to understand that they need to grow fast AND internationally.

It might come as a surprise: the United States are not the center of this planet nor of our global economy. If it is “America first” (based on above comment by the support staff, this is a fair assumption), I am wondering if we as the international users should consider to step aside and not to focus a significant part of our operations on this solution, as Coda will most likely not be a long-term player considering their business acumen.

5 Likes

This simple feature request has been discussed for three and a half years now, and they don’t even leave a note on the subject.
If it’s true that the Coda team is dismissing this request by saying that their main focus is on US customers, then I’m out.

Wow, that makes me think.

Totally agree with you.

Hi all, wanted to provide an update on this. To address some of the concerns expressed on this thread, we deeply value all of our customers, and we are excited to continue releasing features that make Coda more accessible and useful for everyone.

We’ve been working through the best way to integrate the unique first day of the week settings across our formulas and tables for some time now, and we plan to have a product update to allow this in January. As with many of our updates, we first need to complete the massive re-write of our core editor, which should expedite delivery on this feature and similar features to come. :partying_face: We appreciate all the feedback you all have shared!

15 Likes

Hello @kristen,

Thank for the feedback. I have one question regarding the “Suggestion Box” as I don’t see a lot of feedback from the team in the most voted topics for now.

What is the vote threshold for you to start considering a feature? What would be the threshold for you to answer a request even if not feasible?

I think it would highly encourage people to vote and submit new requests if we knew that you would necessarily answer a suggestion after a minimum amount of votes.

Another suggestion would be to be bit more specific when it comes to timeline (not asking for a specific day but maybe a week/month) for the release of new features. Since the block party, we have not heard much about how the beta was going and when, as regular users, we could expect the new features to be deployed.

Thanks for your answers and all the work you put into Coda

4 Likes

Hi @kristen does this also mean that you’re also looking at changing the date format to the ISO/non-US version rather than the confusing Month-Day-Year method? Like this topic there was never much of a response from Coda.

1 Like

Hi @Johan_Bertin - Thanks for your reply. We are working on a process to surface popular and highly upvoted submissions within the “Suggestion Box.” – The Coda team is consistently reviewing feedback, and this is one of the areas we keep an eye on. That said, only trusted members of the community are able to upvote. This means new users to Coda cannot vote until they have participated in the community more. So the more the community engages, the more upvotes can happen. I am working on a process in which this is consistent and regular for our community.

2 Likes

Hi all, we’ve launched the ability to change the first day of week today! Check out the post below for more detail:

9 Likes

It’s well done to have this implemented. Should you close this Suggestion now?