How do I make a new card always start with one check in the scale?

We’re using coda as our kanban and it’s amazing. We have a column called “progress” and we would like to know if there is a possible way that making a new card always start with one check so that it could show that it is “open”. Also is it possible to make it impossible to leave it unchecked?

Hi @Alyana_Mae
and welcome to Coda Community! :handshake:

I assume you have a Status column (or something very similar). You might simply set the default value to Open, so that every new entry will be consistent.

Please, let me know if you need further details and in that case, having a copy of your doc (or a sample of it) would really help.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so much it worked! :smiley:

1 Like

It’s me again, is it also possible that if someone tries to make it blank (ie: 0), they cant?
This is a sample of the doc:

Hi @Alyana_Mae,
I just asked for permission to see/edit your doc (you can set it on Share in the top right.

1 Like

Hello @Federico_Stefanato you have permissions now. Thank you so so much I really appreciate it!!

Hi @Alyana_Mae,
In this very specific case, if you… physically wish to avoid any unwanted inconsistency, I’d suggest to go with a slider that allows a minimum value (I provided an example in the sample) or a dropbox.
Maybe not as nice as the scale, but it accomplishes its job if this is a requisite.

Other that that, you can provide visual warnings - such as conditional formatting - in case of incongruent values or (not suggested) automations that sets back default values in case of accidental/voluntary change.

I hope this helps.
Cheers!

1 Like

Once again thank you so much this helped a lot. Hope you have a good day!

Happy it worked!
have a great day ahead, too and enjoy Coda :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like