How Does This COnditional Tag Work?

See this example doc, under the conditional tag page:
When you click on a card to open the company view, there is a table showing “projects”.
When you add a new project from within this company view, it automatically tags the project as the correct company.

How can I replicate this behavior??
I’ve noticed that it seems to work with new tables, but sometimes doesn’t work with others.
Thank you!

Hey @Demetrius_Bolduc ,

it should always behave like this if you use reverse lookup. Check the second page, every project row has one company, but every company row has a lookup column with all its projects listed by formula. In the card view on the first page, you add rows directly to the lookup table, not only to the project table.

You also get this behavior if you add new rows/cards inside of a grouped view.

I hope I could explain this well enough.

1 Like

Hey there, thanks for the response.
I am aware that this is the intended and default behavior, however there are a few lookup tables on my actual doc that do not do this properly, and I cannot figure out why that is/how to make it behave as intended…
I have noticed that the tables this behavior does NOT work with say “choose row” instead of “add row” at the bottom of the lookup table, which I am assuming has something to do with the problem.
Any ideas?

In this case, you calculate the wrong lookup column by formula. For example, if you delete the formula for “projects” in the “companies” table and insert the formula Companies.Filter(Projects.Contains(thisRow)) into the “company” columns of the “projects” table instead, the doc will also behave like this.

However, if you click on “choose row” and select “new”, it should still add a new row with the right company selected.

Best regards

Marius

1 Like