How to structure a coda doc for material lists?

Hi all,
I use coda to help manage my construction business and would like to incorporate my material list and ordering for each job. I am a novice with coda and am not sure what would be the best way to set this up.

I am currently using one big table and various views to do the draws, billing, paying subs etc. The material list doesn’t necessarily have to tie into this table other than maybe a column with the job name…

What I do now is use a spreadsheet that has a list of materials that is filtered down on another sheet to only the rows that have a quantity listed. I then copy and past that sheet in a email or text to order the material. I don’t want to copy this way of doing it in coda if there is a better way but I am not really sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are a couple of screen shots of my existing excel set up.

Would you want one Coda doc per job, or a single Coda doc with all your jobs? (Second one is more complicated to build but would be useful if you cared about things like aggregate data / totals, scheduling conflicts, etc)

1 Like

Nick, Thanks for the reply.
I already have main coda doc with all my jobs so the new material list doc can be a new doc for each job that maybe just has a link from the main doc.