Launched: Coda 2.0, a simpler, cleaner, and faster doc for teams

@Ingrid_Wong : An Admin can do everything :wink: (Create docs, edit doc, etc…)

This was my bad hahaha. I just realized the doc that became view created under a different person (than I initially thought). Thanks for the quick response and confirmation!

You’re welcome :blush: !

Why does a free plan get unlimited guest editors, but a paid plan doesn’t get any. I definitely want a paid plan, but would need both editors and the unlimited guest editors.

That I don’t know :no_mouth:

I appreciate the feedback. While your suggestions may be ideal, ideal isn’t always realistic.

Coda two days ago fit our team’s needs. Coda 2.0 and the new pricing model negatively impacts us, either via price or new unnecessary hoops to jump through. I wanted to share my feedback with that team.

Yes what happened? (I deleted my oversized doc and copy to excel sheet)

And yes ! where is the Dates Localization?

Thank you all for the feedback. All of your voices matter here at Coda. If you wouldn’t mind, please follow up using the contact info in this post so we can take a closer look at each situation:

And if you haven’t read through the help articles about pricing and workspaces, please check them out here as well:

https://help.coda.io/en/collections/151030-faq#pricing

My 2 cents:

1. Both pro & team plan pricing options are expensive (for me as a solo) but I intend to subscribe to whatever tier is necessary. The coda team has built a valuable product!
  2. :point_down: I am similarly impacted by John Beaudoin’s 2 personal use cases missing from the pro plan

I’d like to call attention to some Coda forum members that I’ve noticed have a history of helping others. A free, recurring subscription at the highest coda tier may be a fair acknowledgement of the time and effort these individuals** :point_down: have recently devoted to helping Mallika(!) in the coda forums

1. @Paul_Danyliuk [pricing thoughts & (2)]
  2. @Jean_Pierre_Traets [pricing thoughts]
  3. @Ander
  4. @Dalmo_Mendonca [pricing thoughts]
  5. @tomavatars [pricing thoughts]
  6. @Denis_Peshekhonov [pricing thoughts]
  7. @Daniel_Stieber
  8. @Joseph_B
  9. @GJ_Roelofs
  10. @Bobby_Ritter

** I apologize in advance to the individuals I missed! Discourse says my max is 10 @ mentions per post

16 Likes

That is very nice, thank you @jeo :kissing_heart::blush:

3 Likes

How sweet of you :grin: :+1: !

3 Likes

Really appreciate the call out you did here.@jeo thank you!
The community is built by all of us and appreciating one another helps a lot.
Besides credits in the account, we are working on a referral program and other ways to ensure engaged community members, folks that share and create and engage are appreciated.

8 Likes

Thanks for the call out!

3 Likes

I just realized that with the Coda 2.0 announcement, my existing docs have a “grace period” through Dec. 1, but I don’t. What I mean is that until yesterday, I was a beta user of Cross Docs. This meant I agreed to test out the feature and provide my feedback. But since the announcement, I can’t create a doc with Cross Doc functionality unless I join the Team Plan… I thought I would have access to that functionality until Dec. 1. That’s kind of a slap in the face, Coda!

1 Like

Hi @John_Beaudoin_Jack, thank for you Beta testing. There is some credit in your account that you can use to upgrade and use these features. You can continue using cross doc in the docs you tried. If you feel that your scenario is misunderstood or would like to tell us more please do message our pricing team - Pricing Team would love to talk with you

@mallika Yes, but it’s really not sufficient, is it? I’m not going to subscribe until Coda responds to what sounds like Near-universal concerns around the absence of Cross Docs functionality at the Pro level and the significant limits on automations. I think that Coda should grandfather in beta users at full functionality for at least 6 months and provide credit.

1 Like

Thank you for the callout @jeo, that was unexpected :flushed:

1 Like

I have to agree with this. There’s a huge difference between being able to edit and simply interacting. If someone starts using Coda as an app for a small business (as the company brand messaging suggests) doesn’t that mean that any customer who wants to click a button has to be a subscriber? Doesn’t that defeat the whole point of being able to create apps?

You could probably draw the line at anything beyond buttons and pulldowns and form fills, as actual manual field adjustments/entries and alterations to the document format would suggest something more than just a customer interaction.

8 Likes

I conos not agrede more. For now I cannot use Coda anything but a passive dashboard for my customers