You’ve asked and we’re ready to deliver: file uploads & attachments are launching today!
Your docs now support images and files anywhere on the canvas or in a table. Add resumes directly to your candidate tracker, attach PDFs of vendor contracts, or embed a photo of that hastily sketched napkin diagram. You can even embed multiple photos and files into one cell!
Ready to get attached? Here are a few ways you can get started.
- On the canvas, type /file to pull up your system’s file browser. Select the file or files you’d like to attach. Presto!
- Maybe you’re hooked on drag-and-drop. In that case, drag the attachment directly onto the page or into any cell in a Images & Files column
Your formulas and lookups will work as always, and we’ve ensured any password protected files stay that way in your docs. You can choose from a few display options for your attachmentsーinline, title, and cardーand drag-and-drop files to new locations in your doc as needed.
Now that your PDFs, Images, and other files can live inside your docs, we hope your team is able to navigate your informational universe even more easily.
Know before you go:
- Attachments are scanned for safety, which can add some seconds to the upload time
- Upload limits vary per pricing plan; learn more here, or monitor your limits via the Explore Panel > Statistics
- And because it’s 2020 we have to say it: As with all Coda features, use of attachments is subject to Coda’s terms and conditions. Violation of these terms can lead to account suspension.