Lookup does not inherit styling

I have created a list of members with their different type of datas.

I have a main table and I have subtables for contacts, social media etc.
For the sub-tables I created labels/types of contacts, social media, etc. and I even give them colors.

When I bring the contacts and social media to the main table, the coloring disappears even if I check the Apply styling option at the Lookup options. What do I miss??

Hi @Tamas_Mahner :blush: !

From what I see, with your [Social Media] table (for example) your formatting is applied on the Platform table … Not the [Social Media] one :blush: …

So, still for the [Social Media] table (still as an example), you could add a simple text field to that table, gather the text value [Social media platform] from thisRow.Platform (what’s currently selected in the lookup Platform) with a formula such as :

thisRow.Platform.[Social media platform]

… and use that new field as a Display Column instead of the lookup field Platform

It will give you the same result you already have in your table [Members, Partners, Guests] but with the formatting applied :blush:

And you could do this for all the other “problematic” lookup field :blush:

2 Likes

Yes! How the hell I did not thought of this such simple solution?

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

No problem @Tamas_Mahner :wink: ! Glad to know it helped :grin: !

I know the feeling :sweat_smile: !

1 Like

If you don’t mind I would ask one more question! Probably same simple!

In the main table there are the contacts name. And some contacts have more title and when they do, the same name shows several times. Is there any formula I could apply to show only the unique items and avoid duplication of names?

1 Like

Maybe this in your table [Members, Partners, Guests] could do the job in your [Contacts name] field :blush:

thisRow.[Contacts by title].[Full name].Unique().BulletedList()
1 Like

Yep you can use Unique()

As with most functions in Coda, you can either wrap your existing formula that’s producing duplicates in the brackets (Excel style):Unique(…your formula…)

Or tack it on the end with a dot (JavaScript style): YourFormula.Unique()

2 Likes

ooooh! Here I used the Unique in the wrong place… :slight_smile: after the Bulletedlist () not before.

Maybe I should leave it for today :smiley:

1 Like

It happens :wink: !

And yes, this one

… says something like : take thisRow.[Contacts by title] and get the .[Full name] then give me the .Unique() values and .BulletedList() the whole thing :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! The table got waaaay better now!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.