View group of photos from Dropbox

I apologize in advance, we’re just starting out with CODA so I expect this will be a basic question.
We are using CODA to organize court discovery materials synced from Dropbox. I’m looking for a way to allow the user to quickly click through a group of photos stored on Dropbox and identified within a cell. We have a large number of photos organized in different Dropbox folders and synced to a table using the Items In Folder function from the Dropbox pack. As an example In the table Vehicles we have a list of individual vehicles and there are photographs of each of them linked from the Items in Folder table. I’m looking for a way to create a button or link that will open the group of photos for an individual vehicle or evidence item in a browser window and allow the user to quickly flip through them. As it is the user needs to click on the Dropbox preview link for a single photo, view it, close it then find the preview link for the subsequent photo and repeat. It becomes tedious. Any advice?

Hi @Brian_Green , thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re running into some issues with Dropbox in your Coda doc. We’re having a little trouble understanding the exact issues that you’re encountering from your description. If you have the photos grouped in Dropbox already via folders, you could create a button that takes you directly to that folder in Dropbox. This would allow your users to click the button and navigate through the photos there. Unless, are you attempting to bring all the photos into Coda into Dropbox?

Would you mind sharing your doc with us so we can take a closer look at the issues you’re encountering?

You can do that by going to Share in the top right-hand corner, clicking the button in the top right (to the left of the “X”), and toggling on Share with Coda Support (the gif below shows how to do this).

Afterward, please send us a link to that doc in your response so we can take a look for you! :smiley:

Shaina - Thanks for the response. I’ve shared a sample document with support and they were able to help me with a partial solution that opens the photos in separate tabs which in conjunction with the ability in Edge to dock the tabs on the side is working for now. Unfortunately the photos aren’t typically all in the same folder so I can’t simply create a button that opens the folder. I don’t think it would be manageable to import all of the photos into Coda. Each job can contain thousands of photos.

If I understand your issue properly, have you considered using a Select List or Relation to list the Vehicles in Coda, which I assume have some sort of identifier. Then use a Button or formula to display the images of the items selected. We do this with cited documents, and it’s very effective.