Select object from a select control

I have a pack with a formula that returns a list of objects that have name and id. I would like to create a select control that displays the name, but its value is the id, so that another formula can use it as input.

When I refer to that select control in another formula, it says “A single select control on Page. Outputs an object”, but it doesn’t allow me to access a property of that object. It seems that the only value I can access is the display value.

Is this how it is, or am I doing something wrong?

Instead - why don’t you just use the packs autocomplete feature for parameters? It does exactly what you are describing! It returns a list of object that the user selects and then returns the actual id for the parameter

@Scott_Collier-Weir, sure, but that’s not quite the same thing. For example, with a select control, I can access that selected value in multiple formulas. In this way, the select can act as a configuration setting for the doc. Whereas with autocomplete, it is scoped to that one formula. So, any change would require updating multiple formulas - not very user-friendly.

Got you. Can you provide an example doc with you current control and pack? I have an idea

@Scott_Collier-Weir - I don’t really have a demo doc. Could you describe the general idea in words?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.