"Serious" Project Management in Coda? (Work Breakdown Structures)

That’s right. I knew you could change the display of the table but did not notice that you could customize the layout of the form when adding a new row. That’s great!

1 Like

This is quite amazing… I am seriously going to reverse engineer this. It will be interesting when more of these feature-sets make it as part of the core product.

2 Likes

@Krunal_Sheth is it a requirement to add tasks via the “Add Subtask” buttons ?
I tried adding tasks to Plan Master table and deleted a bunch of other ones and the nesting got broken.

@Benjamin_Bachman how did you go ? I would love to see other adaptations of this !

Dear Coda team,
It’s been more than 2 years. Are you still working on adding a (serious) project management feature to Coda?
Evan

2 Likes

I found a work-around that works for me.

1. You need to create a global table with every task. You can create this task list in a hidden page somewhere as you won’t actually need to view the page. Add a column for project, sub-project etc.
  2. Copy the global task table again on a new page “Gantt”. Switch the view from tasks to timeline.
  3. On your project/sub-project page, create a copy of the global task list.
  4. Add a filter for your project/sub-project. You can now add new tasks here and they will be automatically added to the global list (which is just a database to store everything now)

Now you have projects/sub-projects pages with tasks and an overall Gantt page.

5 Likes

Hey @Evan_Stuart ,

This sounds like an interesting solution/suggestion :smiley:. Would you mind sharing an example doc on this to help others that are trying to implement this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.