A multile Rows from 1 click

I have a Table that has time sheets in it. Each row is 1 person’s time for 1 job. I have 15 employees, so I want to click a button that creates a row for every employee each day. I have a table witht the Emplyees names in it, so I would like to take all the employees in this table and take there name, and create a new row in this new table. Any ideas on what I can do?

If I could make a template that I could drag and drop that would work too, but I don’t want a new table, I want to drag the new rows into an existing table

Certainly not confident that my method is the most performant but I added a button to my “Employees” table that adds them to a similar Time Sheet table. Then on the page that has the time sheet table I have a “Push Button” that runs and clicks that button for the entire employee list. Hope that makes sense, happy to elaborate.

That makes sense, but how do you make a push button that does all that? Is that simple?

Normally in this case you would want to use formulaMap() on a list

Happy to throw an example doc together if you need!

1 Like

I knew someone would come in hear saying FormulaMap was the right answer so I started looking to convert mine. Here is what I ended up with:

[Active Employees].filter(Terminated = false).FormulaMap(
AddRow(
[Bonus Eligibility],
[Bonus Eligibility].[DA Name],
CurrentValue
)
)

You could remove the filter if it doesn’t apply to you. Active Employees is my employee list and Bonus Eligibility is my target table (your timesheet table).

3 Likes

Would be great if you could send an example of it. What I’m trying to do is pretty simple have 2 tables, one called employees and one called timeSheets. When I click a button I want to be able to look at all the employees and create a new time sheet per employee in the timesheets database