Adding multiple rows of data through a button via formula map

Actually just thought of one solution that wouldn’t require a temp column. The trick is to pre-filter the template rows and only FormulaMap over those that were not added yet. Now, CurrentValue is overridden in a filter within a filter, but in this case that check could be replaced with Contains():

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I’m going through this testing out some of the options and making changes. I’m running into an issue where in the test doc you perform a lookup on “Template Rows” table, which gives you the Name (i.e “pink”, “baby potatoes”) within the platform

For some reason, when I copy this onto my doc (changing the table names of course), it only gives me the platform name here instead of “Insert Name Here”

Any idea why this could be happening?

Just bumping the thread =)

Hi @erik,
you did right in getting proper attention :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I didn’t actually understand your issue…

Isn’t perhaps just a “Display Column” problem?

2 Likes

I had no idea what you meant by “Display Column” at first, but that pointed me in the right direction to what I needed and I think I was able to figure it out. I just tested on one customer and it does not appear to be adding duplicates now and it’s displaying what it should be. I’ll continue to test to make sure, but it looks good so far. Again, I want to thank you guys for all the help and I’ll keep you posted =)

2 Likes

And keep on asking (and bumping) whenever needed! :grimacing:

Sharp :eyes: for the details :trophy:

Ok, so this works as intended but with a catch. Apparently the doc is too large and I can’t use the button with automation to run against all clients at once because there is a cap on automation sizes. Need to break it out so the button only runs chunks of 5 clients at a time.

Any thoughts on this? I’m assuming I need to find something that gets the first five clients, runs the updates, the moves to the next five? I’m looking through the documentation to see what I can find. Any help is appreciated.

:grinning: Bumping the post.

Sorry for the late reply. Here’s how I deal with docs that become too large because of button columns: