Addition of a Mind Map view

Greetings. This is also a huge one for me. @Paul_Danyliuk that is amazing what you’ve come up with, as I thought there was no way to even do anything close to linked rows right now in Coda. However, that is far over my head, and although I have a colleague who’s a db expert working with me on my Coda set up, I think we’d get too bogged down trying to implement that as we have a lot of other configuration we are doing around Coda.

So I’d like to simply add a vote and some reasoning behind getting this native into Coda. The links are all here thanks to lookups, etc., so all we need is a way to use some of the graphing capability to have some sort of image represent a row, and then have the links also on the map.

I have been searching far and wide for a tool that would allow me to represent my Software platform via a live diagram, based on features that I have in my system that my team is building real-time. Such diagrams are frequently built in things like LucidChart and Miro, but those are static and become almost instantly out-of-date as teams develop. We plan to use Coda on top of Jira to plan Product/Platform development, using ample linking to represent relationships between, for example, front end services, sections of web pages, servers, etc. If we had the ability to live generate diagrams of the nature of LucidChart or Miro - these are essentially versions of mindmaps - this would be a huge win for keeping track of our builds and documentation.

If there was simply an option in the “Graphs” area of Coda to do this, it would be huge. Also, if you were able to have things like two links when they were actually present - so if you reference in a column two other rows, the diagram would show the one row reference two others - which could be useful to show userflow from a button you are building that has two options - you’d have even more capability.

Here are some examples of what I previous researched in other apps, but these were ultimately more limited than Coda. I think though it would be great to see the Coda MindMap follow the concepts illustrated by these:

And here is a sample diagram that I would hope to be able to ultimately produce with a tool like this inside Coda:

http://visualdataweb.de/webvowl/#

Thanks guys and I too really wish for this natively in Coda, as soon as possible!!