Cannot select a Lookup column on the form with locking

When locking the page with ‘Interact only’ - ‘Use buttons, controls, and forms’ option,
Locking option

I cannot set the Lookup column in the form.
The message that ‘Some changes are locked’ has shown up in both ‘Dropdown’ and ‘checklist’ styles.

What was the solutions for this? I have the same problem :frowning:

Please make a sample doc that you can share with the community - there can be so many reasons why things (don’t) work.
A common mistake is to not set the privacy options in the form - in this case to include referenced tables.

Same here. Our basic users (editors) can’t edit values anymore. They run into the “Some changes are locked” pop-up. This was not a problem before, it started yesterday or so.

The locking settings are set to “Interact only” (see below). I didn’t change anything there.

When I expand a row to the modal view I am unable to change the value. In the screenshot below you can see the settings on the right. When I try to change the Date (Datum) column I run into the “Some settings are locked” pop up.

Your mileage may vary, but I noticed this only happens to Grouped Columns. Other “regular” columns can still be edited, including Lookup columns.

I’ve filed a bug to Coda support. I’ll update once I have news.

1 Like

What do you interact only settings look like? The screenprint is using default settings, meaning interact only, but I can’t see what those default settings are:

I tried reproducing this with a grouped column, but it works for me as expected.

Hi Joost,

You can still see them in light grey under “Interact only”: all are active except “Edit page text”.

But yeah, valid question. Here’s a screenshot of the default settings:

I just checked it in my doc: grouped items are locked - and I think that is choice Coda has made for us.
If you want to change this item in a modal or directly in the table, you need to make an extra column and fill it with a formula with the contents of this relation field (the new name for these type of fields) and group on the extra column. That way you can interact with the relation field.

Thanks Joost, I hear what you’re saying, that would make sense. However, it used to work until yesterday. I didn’t change any settings. Also it’s not happening in all my docs, in some I can still edit.

For the record, I’m not trying to change the value of a grouped cell from within the table, I’m trying to edit it in the modal view / expand row view. That should (and has) always work(ed), regardless whether the column is grouped or not.

Anyway, weird behaviour, looks like a bug to me. I’ll wait for Coda Support to see what they say.

OK - and please let me know what they say.