Coda Pack Environment Variables

Hey all, I’m in the process of building my first coda pack. Part of my code calls an API end point. I need a way to securely store apiKeys, I’m only using the web build at this point. Is there an easy way I can do this?

Great to hear you are giving Pack building a try! Coda Packs provide a variety of authentication mechanisms you can use, where the credentials are stored securely and separate from the code, and injected automatically in outgoing requests. You can read more about the types of authentication available here:

Thanks Eric, unless I’m missing something, this isn’t what I’m looking for. The authentication methods here all require user input, where as I need to store a key in an authorization header that the user will not have access to. Is there a way to do this?

Yeah on the page eric linked, the one you want is “system-wide authentication”. If you establish system authentication as the authentication type in your code, it will add fields to the pack settings in the pack builder where you’ll be able to input your keys etc. (in a way that only you, the pack admin and not the users, can see)

1 Like

Edit: Got it working - thanks!

Excellent! And thanks for the great clarification @Nick_HE !

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.