Conditional Format when "Due Date" is 2 or 1 or 0 days later than TODAY

I have a table of Projects and each row has a Due Date column. When the Due Date is < TODAY, I have a conditional format that highlights the date in red. Works great.

I want a second conditional format that will highlight the date in yellow if it is 2 or fewer days into the future. I thought it would be simple, but I can’t seem to figure it out. What’s the solution?

Dear @David_Lawrence,

The trick is behind today() +2, see sample for your kind reference:

3 Likes

Hello, @Jean_Pierre_Traets. Thanks so much for creating this! It’s exactly what I need, but I have one very “beginner” question I need answered in order to use it. How does one actually enter a formula into a conditional formatting rule? I see the formula button, and I can see where the formula is visible, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually enter in a formula! Can you show me how to do that, please?

Thank you!

David

Dear @David_Lawrence,

I have added the explanation in the doc, if something more remains unclear…

1 Like

Hi @Jean_Pierre_Traets, Thanks for the explanation. Alas, when I click on that area, nothing seems to happen! I’m sure I’m just missing something, but still cannot figure out how to edit the formula:
CleanShot 2020-07-15 at 10.51.34

-David

Dear @David_Lawrence,

I just updated the permission of the doc, so you are now able to edit (the formula)
I was assuming ( my mistake) that you would copy the doc to make yourself the owner of the copy and able to do what you want with it.

Sorry for all the confusion

@Jean_Pierre_Traets, thanks again for your speedy reply! The problem I’m having is actually in my own table where I want to apply the formula. I am easily able to edit formulas in places like filters, but for some reason I am not able to do so for conditional formatting. I think I may need to submit this as a possible bug.
-David

Dear @David_Lawrence,

Could you try in my sample, because if that’s possible, it’s something with your doc.

Are you sure that the doc is not protected and you have the rights to edit?

I recommend to get in contact with support through Intercom (?) and somebody from the Codans will have a look.

Success :handshake:

Thanks, @Jean_Pierre_Traets. I tried your doc, and it behaved the same way. I sent a message to the Codans through Intercom and I’ll let you know what I hear back!

@Jean_Pierre_Traets - support thinks it may be a bug, or perhaps an extension conflict. The workaround is simply to open the table options and edit the conditional formatting there - it works great! Thanks for all the help.

-David

Very helpful! I was just putting + x days instead of - x days which was what was causing the problem.