Create table from a list?

Hi all. Is there a way to take a long list of attributes and have them auto-populate the column headings within a new table?

The goal is not to have to start from scratch with a blank table and then manually copy paste or type in each column table.

Also, is there a table transpose option, so that a table I’ve copy pasted into coda from gdocs can instantly be transposed so that row headings are now available as column headings?

thanks

2 Likes

I have these exact same questions.

Great questions and suggestions.

You can quickly create tables and name columns by typing |Col 1 Name|Col 2|Col 3|Col 4| etc. and then pressing enter - just type each column name separated by the | character.

We don’t yet have a way to do this from a vertical list or to transpose tables. For now, the best workaround if you need to transpose a table is to do that first in the source app before pasting into Coda.

-Nathan

6 Likes

Is this still the case in 2020? Ideally I’d like this to be live, so I could add to the list and have the table I created from it automatically add a new column.

Hi,
I don’t know if you still need an aswer, but I find a workaround by adding a button with a formulamap on the list I want to convert into table (you need to create the destinationTableFirst) :
myList.FormulaMap(destinationTable.AddRow(column1, CurrentValue))

Hope it will help !