Different fonts besides standard and serif?

Not yet but there’s been hints it’s on the backlog somewhere.

There’s a few ways to achieve custom font look for now:

• With SVG in images — either composed in Coda, returned by a Pack, or pre-rendered by a vector editing app and exported as curves.

Limitation: won’t load external fonts. You’ll either have to embed font files inline as data URIs, use inline SVG font definitions, or convert to curves.

• With Itsy embeds — those will be full custom HTML pages with all web capabilities including interactivity (e.g. mouse-over effects) and loading any external web resources, e.g. Google Fonts or any other hosted fonts.

Limitation: they don’t load as quickly and there’s often a noticeable “error” state that stays there for a while until the web-app is re-hosted (often a couple of seconds)

• With raster images — either prepared manually in image editing apps, or created on the fly with my Edit Images pack (MakeTextBlock() formula). I’m using this approach in my landing page.

Limitations: those are raster not vector; limited typesetting capabilities; only a defined selection of fonts; no way to support dark mode.

2 Likes