Dynamic extraction of web content in tables

Hey all,

While this may have been asked/answered in many forms, I was unable to find a definitive answer that I could grasp.

I have a limited grasp of the HTML tools available as packs and not sure if some combination of this or if “Fetch” functions in a new pack would be necessary to accomplish.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, wanted to see if anyone had any docs that do this in a flexible way…

Simplified:

https://coda.io/@damon-kost/get-web-data

Hi @Damon_Kost ,

please elaborate: Are you planning on using a dedicated web scraping service to retrieve the html and are looking for a pack to then subsequently parse the results within Coda?

Or are you looking for a pack that does the web scraping?

If it’s the former, then I think @Filipe_Fortes’s HTML pack would be a great starting point for you, to use as a formula to retrieve specific tags from the html. HTML Pack

Nina

2 Likes

Thank you @Nina_Ledid ! Sorry for the slow response.

And yes, this is exactly where I was heading… I had experimented w this and some existing docs using it… basically the goal being: configure new web-pages to extract the content I need with some parameter-columns to tweak for each, and then filter on the content.

I have limited html experience, but a premade doc/tool is not known to exist, I suppose I should just embrace the journey haha.

Thanks and please let me know if something comes to mind!

1 Like

Actually, in the absence of a tool that does the above, is there a known doc/tutorial that clearly demonstrates the functions for the html pack for luddites? (IE, queryselector, attributes… etc)

1 Like

Hey @Nina_Ledid - You helped me clarify my thoughts a bit… I am going to start a new thread for clarity and to save folks reading through the background. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.