Embedding a single table

Even though I don’t like embedding or iframes, sometimes you have to. As my Coda app is becoming the ‘single source of truth’ I have a need to publish a single table (or even a single record) on my website and I am not opposed to use an iframe if I have to.

The problem is that I haven’t found a way to embed a nice, clean page with just the information I need - there is the doc title, menu choices (left or top, even if it is a one page doc). the login stuff, a cookie warning… It makes it impossible to embed just a little bit of information.

I wouldn’t even mind using the API, but I am not sure how to implement the website part to make sure it shows and renews this table whenever it is updated in Coda.

My question is trifold:

1. is there already a way to embed only a table or table elements from a published doc, or
  2. is Coda going to facilitate building pages for this type of purpose, or
  3. is there another way that I am overlooking to do this

Looking forward to some reactions,
Greetings, Joost

Edit (march 2023): with help from this community I have found a way to publish tables on my website. It takes a second or two to load, but it works and upon refreshing the webpage, the information get’s updated as well.

You use the Coda API to get a Coda table (or preferably a view of a (filtered) table) with a read only token to show Coda information on your page. It is a bit of work to setup, but with a bit of perseverance you can get it to work nicely. So now the website syncs with my Coda table.

You can still see this working on my homepage (site will renew later this year and then these messages might end up on another page). On the calendar page Coda is used to update the current schedule. We use a filtered table, so it only shows upcoming events, past days are filtered out.

4 Likes

following … thanks for sharing your methodology – our team wants to do basically the same thing!

Hi @joost_mineur do you have more detail on how you embedded the table, or links to the others in the community who helped you do so? Thanks