How do you Display an Image from a Table and adjust the size

Hello, I’m trying to figure out how to insert a photo into a document, which is pulled based on a dynamic filter from a table and be able to adjust the size of the image.

I have been able to insert the image… but not able to adjust the size:

I have tried the Image() formula but it didn’t recognize the image type in the formula. I also tried coping the url for the uploaded image but nothing is returned. Please Help.

Thanks

1 Like

Also looking for this solution. Currently produces a tiny image unless you click on it and it opens full.

Hey there! You can adjust the size of the image is an image URL type. Are your images uploaded or a URL?

Images are uploaded to a table, then I reference the image in a formula on a page to show the image based on other criteria.

Oh for sure - with the genius mind of @Bharat_Batra a pack was developed that can make this happen

I’ll shoot it your way with a loom on how to use it real soon

Oh sick! Thanks for the help. Will look out for that.

I would have some interest in a solution for that too.
Thanks in advance,
Greetings, Joost

Solution is a custom pack! I just have to publish it. . . Busy with kiddos. Will do when I have a second!

@Sam_Willson
you shared a screenshot and not a sample doc, so i cannot see the formula you are using on the canvas to display the image.

but if you use

`myTable.filter(...).myImageCol.Image(height,width)`

would you not get an image of the size height x width?

or am i missing something subtle that requires a Pack as a solution?

max

Hey There,

Unless I’m wrong (which I certainly could be) the image() formula only takes URL’s (string) as an input for the first parameter

And the only way you can resize and image is by using the image() formula (aside from of course uploading an image into the canvas itself and dragging the image larger or smaller)

So in this case you can use this pack, which specifically takes an uploaded image and draws out its URL which can then be used and referenced and resized in the canvas or elsewhere in your doc.

• Heres a test doc where it’s working: DOC
  • And heres the actual Pack: PACK

To be very clear, this Pack was NOT my genius. It was created by @Bharat_Batra and was all his idea. All credit goes to him!

It specifically was developed for a different use case, but still should work for this one!

1 Like

@Scott_Collier-Weir,

you are correct, i missed the detail that these are uploaded images and not urls.

max

Awesome. Thanks for the follow up!

Works exactly as intended. Great pack!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.