How to create a menu for a website?

I have no freaking clue how to do it and I’m stressed…like the menu where it will say Home, Blog, Contact & Support, Thank You Page and it will have a logo on it…I’ve been stuck on this for days…

Hi @MikaelaPlays,
I didn’t actually catch the question. Could you be more detailed in your request?

Cheers.

Whenever you go to a website it will have a menu bar with a logo, saying Home, Contact, et cetra, with a search bar. I don’t know how to do it…

I have the feeling you are posting in the wrong place. :thinking::grimacing:

Coda.io is not a website builder, nor primarily oriented on that.
You could rely on it for its content, perhaps (you can pick some useful examples here: https://coda.io/templates ).

Are you sure you are using Coda at all…?

this is obviously not on topic for Coda Forums,
however to answer the question:
<ul id=“menuList”>
<li id=“home” href=“index.html”>HOME</li>
<li id=“blog” href=“blog.html”>BLOG</li>
<li id=“contact” href=“contact.html”>Contact & Support</li>
<li id=“thanks” href=“thankyou.html”>Thank You</li>
</ul>

this is just a basic setup for a menu, you could use the id’s to add some special css for :hover, pointer=cursor, etc…

1 Like

For the sake of it :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

hey paul! maybe you can help me with my question as well???

Hey Federico! Maybe you can help me too??? I’d appreciate it!

:+1:

Ok, starting from now - thanks to @Paul_Danyliuk - Coda is ALSO a site builder! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who responded! I figured it out! Thank you so much!

o create a menu for a website, you typically need to follow these steps:

1. Plan and design the menu: Determine the structure of your menu and how you want it to look. Decide on the types of items you want to include (e.g., Home, About Us, Services, Contact), and if you want dropdown sub-menus for additional navigation options.
  2. HTML Structure: Use HTML to create the basic structure of your menu. Typically, menus are created using an unordered list (<ul>) with list items (<li>) for each menu item.

For more information check this: https://yardgearsguide.com/how-to-add-slope-to-a-pergola-roof/