How to NOT show specific rows in a Select List column?

In Table B under “Selectable Options” (which is a lookup column from the Table A) I would like to be able to only select rows from Table A that DON’T have any of the “Current Rows” under their “Associated Rows

So that would be Row 2, 3 and 4. Excluding the Row 1 because he contains “Current rows” (Row 2 and 3) under his “Associated rows

How do I do that?

Doc Link

Hi @Fran_Vidicek :blush: !

Unless I completely misunderstood your question, you can do that by adding a Custom filter in your [Selectable options] lookup which you’ll find in Lookup OptionsOption SettingsCustom Filter and then click on Add filter

Then, you can either select your lookup [Associated Rows] in the dropdown and add a blank/not blank filter (in this case it should say Blank as you only want to be able to select in Table B the rows where [Associated rows] in the Table A is empty) :blush:

or use a formula such as : CurrentValue.[Associated rows].IsBlank()

Hope this helps :blush: !

1 Like

Just in case I was wrong in my previous reply (and I feel like I was :innocent: … Sorry), specifically after re-re-reading this part of you post :

You can still do that using a Custom Filter in your [Selectable options] lookup in your Table B (like previously) and using a formula in your Custom Filter such as this one :

[Associated rows].Contains(thisRow.[Current Rows]).Not()

This time , the only selectable options in your [Selectable options] lookup will only be the ones not containing what you selected in the [Current Rows] lookup in your Table B which I think is what you were actually trying to do :innocent:

In the sample below, you’ll see that the only selectable options are Row 2 and Row 4 because the Current Rows are now Row 3 and Row 4 in the Table B and in Table A only the rows Row 2 and Row 4 don’t contain Row 3 or Row 4 … So I think I got it right time :sweat_smile:

Sorry for any inconvenience …

3 Likes

Exactly what I wanted to accomplish.
I never really used .Not() function before so it didn’t cross my mind.
I was trying to use DoesNotContain() but that doesn’t exist :grin:

Thank you, this was very helpful!

1 Like

Yes, .Contains().Not() is Coda’s way to say “DoesNotContain():blush:

And I’m very glad to know the 2nd suggestion was what you had in mind :relaxed: !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.