How to validate two columns in form

I would like to make the validation rule that one of two columns, A and B should be not blank.

But it seems the validation formula on A like IsNotBlank(CurrentValue) And IsNotBlank(thisRow.B) or Not(CurrentValue = "") And Not(thisRow.B = "") do not work.

How can I make the validation rule according to multiple columns?

Hey @Changjun_Lim ,
Depending on where you want to put the validation (in another column?), you could probably use:
if( IsBlank(thisRow.A) and IsBlank(thisRow.B) , "Error: A or B must have a value" , "correct ")

If one value has to be blank, you would use the opposite:
if( IsNotBlank(thisRow.A) and IsNotBlank(thisRow.B), "Error: A or B must be blank value" , "correct ")

It is always advisable to make a small doc with neutral data to share with the community so we can see what you are trying to accomplish, that makes it a bit easier to help.

Greetings, Joost

1 Like

@joost_mineur
Your formula does not work on the validation of the form.
The validation formula should return boolean value, true or false.
Screenshot_2021-03-18 AHAM

And IsBlank(thisRow.A) and IsBlank(thisRow.B), which I alreay have tested, does not work.

Can you share an example doc with your desired output?

Sorry, misunderstood what you were trying to do, you never mentioned this was needed on a form. I think there is no easy way to do this at the current time. You can make one of the fields required, but that is not the answer to your question.

Did anyone manage to figure this out?