Is Coda a safe place for sensitive data?

I’m thinking about using Coda as a Wiki for my company but we need to write down some sensitive data such as passwords from our customers’ e-mails or bank accounts.

Only my team has access to the document and It’s not shared in any other way, bit I’m still not sure if it’s safe or not.

I suppose many people use coda with this purpose, among many others, so thanks in advance for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

For storing things that have to do with money, Even if coda is safe, I don’t think you should store stuff like that. You know, Coda could be hacked.

1 Like

Does anyone who has to comply with the GDPR have an answer to this? The terms of use are very contradictory, on the one hand Coda claims to be compliant with the GDPR, on the other hand customer content may be published by Coda to fulfill its services, although this is not defined.

While passwords should never be stored as plain text, it would already be important to know if addresses and banking information can be stored and even registered via Forms without risking a breach of data protection laws. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Andrew from the Coda team here.

To confirm: Coda does not unilaterally publish any User Content without the consent of the user. We do have a publishing platform, but to publish content requires a set of actions and acknowledgements via our Sharing and Publishing dialog.

I will, however, advise folks on this thread to refer to section 2.4 of our Terms & Conditions, where we advise that you should not store sensitive information on our platform: Coda | Trust

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.