Is CODA Just a Gimmick?

I’m reaching out to the community as someone who has only opened CODA three times. My primary tools are Monday.com and Notion, and I’m a marketer without coding skills.

I genuinely believe CODA is a fantastic product. I dream about seamlessly using GPT and CLAUDE within documents, a feature I’ve always desired.

For the past year, I’ve been lurking in expert communities, admiring and envying their capabilities before returning to the mundane reality of Monday.com, which is a nightmare.

Surprisingly, I’m not using Monday.com for a company but for my solo projects, despite also paying for Airtable.

That’s how much I avoid CODA IO. Even YouTubers seem clueless, merely creating apps.

What I really want to say: Is there anyone who can share a genuine experience of using CODA as a tool for actual productivity, without resorting to useless “productivity hacks”? I’m constantly contemplating how terrible Monday.com is.

And please, don’t tell me coding or similar tasks are easy. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• If there are any coders out there feeling offended, I apologize. I’m just someone who, while fumbling with Monday.com, envies all of you.

What do you mean with “a tool for actual productivity”?

I am not sure what your question is?

Have you looked at the Coda gallery?

There are hundreds of examples docs in several different categories.

P

2 Likes

Coda has proved extremely popular for my use-cases: project-centric, cross-functional team collaboration where everyone has different login domain credentials.

When you’re working with teams like this, there is a tendency for people create Spreadsheets and share them via email - its a form of control & maintaining influence - its actually borderline toxic behaviour.

I’ve tried most ‘databases that look like a spreadsheet’ style products and yeah - Coda is popular, not just with me but the teams I work with - most our team members seem to get it - nor is it expensive.

Invest enough human capital in Coda, you’ll end up learning some coding skills - for sure - even if it’s just fundamentals via osmosis. It is not easy.

YouTube, in my oppionon, is a SEO cess-pit - they are clueless - because annedcotely they believe context about ‘producutivity hacks’ might drive some viewers to there channel.