Is it impossible to remove a locking doc admin?

I am the sole doc owner, but I added a second person as Doc Admin for the purposes of locking. Now I want to remove her, but it seems the interface offers no such option.
Is anyone aware of a solution to this?

1 Like

Dear @Nad,

I suggest that you will need to remove her in the sharing settings

This support page might be helpful to, depending on how your docs are stored.

EDIT:
Please be aware that you can update the settings on the location as shown in the picture below:

3 Likes

Thanks @Jean_Pierre_Traets, maybe I need to clarify further: I would like to remove the person from being Doc Admin (ie, one who has the ability to decide the locking settings of each page) but keep her as Editor on the doc.

It seems the Doc Admin ‘concept’ is specific to the page locking feature and is nowhere to be mentioned in the sharing settings. There are only Owners and Editors in sharing settings.

1 Like

Dear @Nad,

You might want to have a look at this location to update the settings for each member:

1 Like

I really appreciate you taking the time to help @Jean_Pierre_Traets. However, I do need to point out that you’re answering a different question.
You’ve illustrated how to change the Workspace Admin. But the person in question is no such thing, as you can see here:

The role that I am trying to remove from her is as Doc Admin of a specific doc, as narrowly defined in the context of Doc Settings → Locking → Settings, where you can add, but- and this is the crux of the matter, not remove, Doc Admins who can control the locking settings specific to that doc.

I am finding it hard to believe that I am the first person to encounter such issue, so I could very well be missing something obivious. Maybe one of the Codans can enlighten us!

1 Like

Hi @Nad - If you haven’t already, please write to Coda Support at: support@coda.io for help with this adjustment. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.