Is there a way to create Button to push and response as Ctrl+P for printing

I would like to know if we could use this formula CHARACTER() in the button to push Ctrl+P for printing page and if yes, how do i do it?

Hi @Korn_Tris :blush: !

I could be completely wrong here but I’d say no :blush:

Character() will output a character (matching a Unicode character number), just a simple text value, nothing more …

E.g.: using Character(33) will output an exclamation point → !

Whereas when hitting Ctrl/Cmd + P on your keyboard, you’re asking your browser to print the page you’re on :blush: .
(Well, at least, whatever web browser I ever used, Ctrl/Cmd + P was always the hotkey to print something :innocent: )

Character() doesn’t have that kind of power, it can’t hit the keys on the keyboard for you :innocent: (AFAIK) …

Maybe a Pack could get there though :woman_shrugging: … or maybe our Dear Codans could add a PrintPage() action formula :relaxed:

1 Like

HI,

I cam to the same conclusion. Character(016) (Ctrl-P) just prints a blob. I think for Ctrl-P to work, it has to come directly from the keyboard, so that Chrome/browser can grab it before it gets to the document.

Using Character() is too late in the flow.

My understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.