[LAUNCHED] Coda Webhook Pack

It is a simple pack in terms of lines of Code, but one I find myself using in almost every doc I make now.

:raised_hands: Let me introduce you to the Coda Webhook Pack: :raised_hands:

Its use-cases are nearly as large as your imagination, but two that I have used it for are:

1. Creating an archive/data doc when your tables become too large
  2. Sending summarized versions of rows to other documents

Its a unique pack - And due to it potentially being more difficult to use I recorded a Youtube Video on how to use it, set it up, and some examples of use-cases.

Let me know if you have any requests for the pack!

6 Likes

Hi, @Scott_Collier-Weir .
I really like your pack. Awesome job. I’ll definitely give it a try.
I actually have a question about your archiving doc you setup in the demo video.
If the pack fail to sync with the archive doc for some reason (e.g. Internet is down), will the row be deleted anyway in the source?

In the way I set it up yes - because that action simply runs after, but independent of the webhook automation.

But you could set the deletion of the row to be dependent upon the webhooks success using the result of the webhook action itself (by setting a result column) and triggering the row deletion with a row-changed automation watching the results column.

2 Likes

This is awesome. Now I just have to set up some time to do my 50 column table which seems daunting but will be so worth it.

@Scott_Collier-Weir is there an option to send the data to 3rd party apps using this pack (or from Coda in general)? I tried using this pack and the auth field is required, but I believe that’s only for Coda destinations?

Hey there!

There is no option to send this to third party services. Coda packs can only authorize against a single service.

What service do you need to send it to? I Can probably get you a pack up today.

Oh wow I did not know that. That’s why the Make webhook is limited to Make URL only. And double wow, thank you for offering to set it up!

I’m using Pabbly for a majority of our automations outside of Coda. This is a typical webhook url: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/sendwebhookdata/IjU3NjUwNTZjMDYzZTA0M2M1MjZlNTUzNjUxMzQi_pc

Pls let me know if you need anything else :pray:t3:

is there any authorization needed on a pabbly webhook or no?

Alright the pack should be up and running.

Let me know if it works for you! Remember about the Additional Options button! You can send through an optional payload if you need

No authorization. I’m pretty sure of that

1 Like

Great! Give the pack a try and let me know if it works for you

hmm for some reason Coda said the data was sent, but nothing’s being received on Pabbly’s end.

I have a free Pabbly account I use for testing I can share with you if you’d like to test :pray:t3:

Oh nvm. You know what, I automatically assumed that all fields would be forwarded to the webhook lol.

I added the values manually & mapped them via “Additional options” and it worked instantly now.

Thank you sooooo much, you’re amazing :pray:t3:

1 Like

You got it! Glad it’s working

Hi Scott,

I just got an error message today saying “Pabbly Webhook error: Couldn’t find this action in Pabbly Webhook”. Would you mind helping me to check? :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

I have not changed anything in my automation which was working up until now (I believe), and here’s my setup. Basically it’s just supposed to parse the user’s name and email to Pabbly.

here’s what I have set up for the button

I’m noticing similar errors across my docs with other packs. I don’t think it’s an issue with the pack but rather with Coda

Probably best to reach out to support and have them look

ahh thanks for letting me know. Just sent them a message and I’ll keep you posted!