Launched: Doc time zone

Can you help me? On beta I have a Sao Paulo / Brasilia / Brazil timezone option, now is not an option

Dear @nathan, :wave:

It would be great if you could help out @Welley_Rezende

In the beta phase I put the Sao Paulo time zone in this document. It is now blank but still works in this document.

But in all my new documents, I don’t see Sao Paulo (or at least Brasilia)

Hi @Welley_Rezende, unfortunately the Sao Paulo time zone is one of several that we weren’t able to support at launch. Due to some unfortunate issues with how we (and many other systems) store the underlying values for dates and times, we discovered that certain data in certain time zones can be inaccurate, so we’ve disabled these until we can address the root issue.

There is one supported GMT -3:00 time zone that you may be able to us as an alternative, though you’d need to check if there are any differences in daylight savings or seasonal changes between the zones. Otherwise, your best bet for now is to use a similar timezone and apply offsets through formulas if needed.

-Nathan

2 Likes

Ok, I get it.
Thanks for clarifying.
I’m looking forward to it!

Hi, @nathanm My name is Breno. I live in Brazil.
I was reading this discussion about timezones.
Most of Brazil is on GMT -3. We don’t have day light saving anymore. So it would be perfectly fine.
The thing is GMT -3 is not available anymore. Do you know why?
You wrote last year that it was. It’s a simple, easy implemented feature that is a must for most of Brazil.
Can you help us?

1 Like

Hi @Breno_Nunes,

This is actually a difficult fix for us to make. We do know about the issue and know it needs to be fixed, we just haven’t been able to get to it yet. I’ll keep leaving notes for the team.