Launched: Frozen columns

Hello @nathan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.

In my case, I use coda to track actions accross different sites, workstreams, etc. that I display to all the attendees to make my follow up calls.

I know that we have several alternatives that I can leverage such as group but in my example (screenshot below), I have a lot of additional information on the right that I also want to display during the meeting and would love to be able to freeze additional information (such as “people”) so everybody can stay clear on which tasks belong to who and so on without having to scroll back horizontally every time.

I hope it makes sense and thanks again for the answer

Hello @nathan,

Do you have any updates on my previous comment? It keeps becoming more frustrating.

I have another case where I need to group at least 3 columns (Company, sites, stream) for which I have specific tasks. Not being able to freeze past 3 columns means that I can’t get to see the task I am speaking about.

1 Like

Hello @nathan,

Any updates? No answers in 5 months …

Thank you

Hi @Johan_Bertin, thanks for the background here and sorry for the delay! We just updated tables to support up to 5 frozen columns. Let me know if that is working in your docs, and if you notice any issues.

3 Likes

Just allow any number of columns already :slight_smile: There’s always going to be that one case where one wished they could have frozen just one column more.

2 Likes

Hello @EvanBrooks,

That’s perfect (for my use case), thank you very much !

As suggested by @Paul_Danyliuk, it would definitely make sense to allow the freezing for whatever numbers of column as we all have different use cases.

I really appreciate the consideration, thank you again !

Johan

1 Like