Launched: The Asana Pack helps you manage projects with precision

I’ve pushed an update to the Asana pack that makes an attempt at converting to Asana’s expected format. @Max_McEwan - mind giving it a fresh try and let me know if you see errors?

Thanks for the quick try @chris. Still getting the same Asana Error that I mentioned above, though.

@Max_McEwan - ok, we’ll need to go deeper and see specifically what you’re trying to send. Would you mind reaching out to support so we can dig in? Feel free to mention my name and they’ll get you routed over to me.

Hi, that’s great!

Is there a way to make a table with all the tasks from all my Asana projects?

Hi @Gal_Malul ,

Yes, we added a “TasksAll” sync table to the pack to enable this scenario. Hopefully that is what you’re looking for!

Adding on to what Chris said, you can use the TasksAll table and configure the sync settings to have multiple syncs, pointing to multiple projects :+1:

I would like to have a table with all my assigned tasks from any projects. I’ve tried to use the “tasks all” table from the pack, but I can’t figure out how to add more than one project to the same table. When adding the url’s as a comma-separated list, all I get are the tasks from the first project in the list. What is the code format I should use to enter more than one project?

A different solution could be to fetch all my tasks, independent of project. There seems to exist a special API call for that purpose, but it does not seem to be used by the pack)

Hello @Bjorn_Hansell ,

You can use the TasksAll table for this purpose. It should return you tasks across projects, then you can filter down further as you’d like.

@chris from my experience, and what Bjorn emphasized above, even with the TasksAll table you have to specify one project at a time. You can continue adding syncs, but you can’t return “all tasks” like the name implies. Is there something we’re missing?

@Max_McEwan ,

Yes, that’s right, you currently need to specify which projects to pull from as separate syncs. This is unfortunate, but currently required, since we need to pull the schema for each project such that we can build the table schema to match each project’s custom fields. The API pointed out above does not provide per-project schema information, so there’s no way for us to build a table schema using that method easily.

I wanted to add Asana tasks to my task management system and using this pack, I would need to pull all tasks in any of 30+ projects in my organization. Of course, I can go through the tedious tasks of adding each project separately, but the problem is that as soon as someone creates a new project in Asana, I need to manually add it to my Coda doc. It won’t be sustainable.

Is there a simple way for me to manually connect with the Asana api to sync my tasks, without the Asana pack?

@Bjorn_Hansel,

Some options that might work for you:

• You could write your own pack
  • Use something like Zapier to stitch together Asana and Coda using custom data marshaling rules you control
  • Perform one-time syncs, exporting data from Asana (i.e., CSV export) and importing into Coda with CSV import.

I’ll also continue to think about ways we can accomplish this using what APIs Asana provides.

I understand, thanks. I think the api call I mentioned above would be the best option. (Get a user's task list)