Launched. WhatsApp Pack. Finally!

I’m releasing today a free pack that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages, photos and files from a Coda Doc. :grimacing:
It’s a free pack but it uses a brazilian API that is not free. You can send message for less then a penny. It’s great news for frugal guys like me.
You can try the API for free for 15 days. All you need is a phone with WhatsApp installed and to click on “Teste Grátis” in their website. https://api.chatpro.com.br/
Setup is not complicated but it’s in portuguese. Google translate can be of help.
In order to receive message you need setup a webhook automation and, unfortunately, use Zapier :face_vomiting: , make.com or create a Google script app (I’m trying to get it to work and I need some help here) .
The reason is that you need to authenticate the Chatpro webhooks with a Coda token before sending them to Coda.
The source code is available for anyone who wants to see it

Here is the link to the pack:
WhatsApp with ChatPro (Beta) Pack, extend Coda... | Coda
Enjoy.

7 Likes

sounds amazing @Breno_Nunes !
couldnt this could block whatsapp?
have you considered n8n instead of zapier?
thanks!

Depends on how you use it. If people mark your messages as spam, your number will be blocked.
You can read more about it here FAQ - Perguntas Frequentes | chatPro WhatsApp API

I have never used n8n, so I couldn’t say.
I’m trying to get google script to work because it’s free. The best case scenario is that chatpro adds support to authenticated webhooks. I’ve just asked them that.

Meanwhile, if someone could help with my google script, I’d appreciate. It captures webhooks from Chatpro, it authenticates them and it sends them to coda.io

function doPost(e) {
  // Log the incoming request object
  Logger.log(JSON.stringify(e)); 

// Send the POST request to Coda.io
  var webhookURL = "https://coda.io/apis/v1/docs/c9jb1RDjpc/hooks/automation/grid-auto-NyUO6F****" ;
  var codaOptions = {
    'method': 'post',
    'headers': {"Authorization": 'Bearer 3b0b9f5b-f0c1-4b96-9ee0-1dbe671d0****'},
    'Content-Type': 'application/json',
    'payload': JSON.stringify(e),
  };
  var codaResponse = UrlFetchApp.fetch(webhookURL, codaOptions);
  Logger.log(codaResponse.getContentText());
}

Ah, I hoped your Whatsapp pack already had actions to work with the graph.facebook.com.

I just managed to authenticate and start receiving Whatsapp webhooks directly into Coda with my upcoming Doc as API pack/service.

ezgif.com-optimize (20)

I mean, this is my “server”, no need for any Brazilian API (although I’m gonna charge for my service as well):

Now I only need to properly respond to these (e.g. send some reply messages)

Nope.

Looking forward to trying it :smiley:
We really need a better WhatsApp Pack.

And I gave a go at it:

Frankly I only needed this to complement my “Doc as API” demo from post #4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fala @Breno_Nunes blz?

Eu criei a primeira comunidade em português do Coda já temos uma galera fera por lá e eu queria estender este convite pra você tb. Seria um prazer ter você com a gente. Ela é reconhecida pelo Coda tb.

Entra lá. É grátis e está no discord:

Clique aqui pra entrar