Limit height of table view?

hi! i want to be able to set the maximum height of a table view on a page, and be able to scroll down to see any other rows-- is that possible?

for more context, i’m trying to create a daily dashboard page which has a view of my to do list embedded in it. ideally what i want is a scrollable frame i can drag and drop around the page, but i am making do with the columns. however, my table is however long as the number of rows shown in it. i want to limit the height to a fixed height and have be able to scroll down to see any other rows. this way i can make a consistent layout for my page.

Hi @curious_cat_coda and welcome to the Coda Community,

If I understand you correctly, you want something like a “Show More” button that you can click and that will then show you 30 more rows of this table?
This isn’t currently possible in Coda, but you can create a view of your main table and filter out unwanted rows. For example, you could only filter the first 50 rows of this table.

Hopefully this helps.

Sincerely
Jannis

1 Like

not exactly, i just want a window that scrolls when necessary. Like the text box i’m writing in… if i wrote a very long comment ,it would not grow to consume the entire height of my window, it would just scroll within its predefined size. I would like to be able to define the height of the view independently of hte number of rows, like i can define the width independent of the number of columns.

But I agree it doesn’t seem like this is a feature. It should be though. Coda seems very indifferent to the idea that users might want to lay their pages out in a visual way, which seems like an oversight.

edit: Thank you for the welcome!

Hi @curious_cat_coda,

Personally, I’ve never missed anything like this, but if it’s a feature that’s important to you, feel free to suggest it here:

Sincerely
Jannis

1 Like

Thanks Jannis, I’m glad to hear you have never had the need for this feature! But for others it would be useful.

I did intend to suggest it, I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t already implemented somewhere I had yet to find. :slight_smile: I hope you have a great friday.

1 Like

Hi @curious_cat_coda,

sure. Wish you a great rest of your day as well!

Sincerely
Jannis