Mac / Android App?

Hey guys, any plan for Mac App / Android app?

18 Likes

We are getting there :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Was asked by support to provide the context of my request for this here.

Iā€™m not the biggest fan of Google, and as such I try to reduce my dependency on them entirely. I use Safari, and DuckDuckGo, and whatnot.

Iā€™d like to see a Mac app for Coda so that I donā€™t have to have Google tech on my computer.

3 Likes

I personally need a Mac app because of workflow : cmd+tab is my best shortcut buddy.

6 Likes

Yup, I do really need this.

The only reason I want a android app right now is for notifications

1 Like

Hands down this is importantā€¦I just joined Coda and it definitely has better features than Notion, but I donā€™t want to always be logging in on my browser to access my notes. The heavy note taking is usually done on my Macbook, so without a desktop app Iā€™m afraid I will need to stick with Notion for nowā€¦

2 Likes

Hi! Would love to hear about the status of this. Any timeline on when a desktop app would be available?

1 Like

Are you ā€˜getting thereā€™ any time this century? The lack of a Mac OS app is a dealbreaker for me. I hate browser-based apps, truly an awful experience. Buried as a tab amongst a dozen other tabbed pages. What a mess.

3 Likes

+1 for me too :grin: !

Having a dedicated appā€™ on my Mac would be awesome :grin: !

1 Like

Any updates about the Mac app?

2 Likes

Hey if anyone is still interested, you can create native app with Unite app(it creates native Mac apps from websites), it worked for me)

Oh bad, 1 year after, no news. I go back on Notion app.

1 Like

This other topic could be joined probably!

Iā€™d love to an app for mac :heart_eyes_cat:

Hi @Steve_Yang :slight_smile:
I use primarily coda to create apps that will be used by non-coda users and some of them are really complex.
Those two aspect of my docs will definitely be improved if a mac app will be released!
Also, it should be an easy process, so coda team could continue improving as this incredibly fast rate :grin:

since coda is using web technology.

Maybe https://electronjs.org would be helpful ?

1 Like

@Muhammad_Muhajir hi :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve a little update about that, if you are trying to build a mac app you can using some apps that turn website into ā€œnativeā€ app :slight_smile:

Any updates on the Mac app?

1 Like

This is the single feature that will allow me switch from Notion.

Agreed. Having a desktop app for Coda would be a game changer. That plus attachments are all thatā€™s missing for me.

1 Like