Peek into the design of Pack Studio

Hi everyone! Ever wonder how Pack Studio came to be? Reflecting on its launch last month, designer @Alicia_Salvino and I decided to document the key design choices that went into the product. Let us know what you think. And if you like it, share with your friends and communities!

Thank you again to the many of you who gave incredible feedback as we built this, beta tested the platform before the kinks were ironed out, and ultimately created such a broad and creative set of Packs for the community.

10 Likes

Thank you so much for this.

As an active pack user and maker it was really cool to read some of the behind the scenes info that went into making this all a reality.

3 Likes

As someone who just developed a pack, I had one of the best developer experiences ever. You and the team have done amazing work putting those principles in action with the Pack Studio.

3 Likes

Seconding what @Mohammad_Mohammad2 said.

I started with the web editor. Then I jumped through hoops to get the CLI going (I thought I needed some npm libs). And now I’m back to just using the web editor again. Why use VS Code if the web editor is already basically a VS Code (Monaco editor)?

2 Likes

Hey Paul,

I totally feel your pain about setting up the CLI. I found that Developing inside a Container using Visual Studio Code Remote Development to be the easiest way for me to remove all the headache of trying to install dependencies.

1 Like

thank you, it’s super gratifying to see what you’ve each done with Pack Studio! And it’s all based on the incredible feedback each of you shared at each phase of the project.

Really interesting to see the container approach to setting up the CLI @Mohammad_Mohammad2, super interesting, that seems powerful

1 Like