Currently, if users want to filter/view a table in a particular way without affecting other users, they need to create their own table view. This approach does not scale well.
I’d like users to be able to create their own table filters/views such that:
- The filter/view doesn’t affect the appearance of the source table, and
- The filter/view doesn’t create a new table view in the doc which is visible to/editable by other users.
Using Google Sheets terminology…
Coda currently has the equivalent of the Google Sheets filter function:
- All users with access to a Coda table will see the table as it is currently filtered
- Users with permission to edit the table will be able to change the filter
- If a user changes the filter, all other users will automatically see the update to the table
Coda currently does not have the equivalent of the Google Sheets filter view function. If that function were added:
- Users with access to a Coda table would be able to create and/or edit their own filter views
- If a user applies a filter view to a table, other users will not see the update to the table