Planned Maintenance Friday 6/5/2020 at 12pm PST [Maintenance]

We are planning on taking a maintenance window between 12pm to 2pm on Friday (6/5) to perform essential infrastructure maintenance.

Our expectation is that this work will complete before 2pm PST.

Coda infrastructure will be undergoing a brief scheduled maintenance period on Friday June 4th at 12pm PST. During this time the Coda website, creation of new documents and access to existing documents may experience short delays. Since Coda has support for working offline - any documents already open will continue to function with changes saved locally. Once the maintenance completes, all local changes will sync and your document will catch up to other committed changes.

To subscribe to updates on this or any other maintenance please visit https://status.coda.io/

Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Why are you doing this during working hours? Do it at 10pm or on a weekend! SERIOUSLY

1 Like

@Suzanne_Perreault it’s for the best! they are gonna turn coda into lighting fast data processor, it’s just a matter of time :unicorn:

Thanks for your response, but the choice of timing doesn’t make sense. Does this change mean the long lags we are often experience, as when changing filters on a large table or refreshing a view, will evaporate? :crossed_fingers::+1:

@Suzanne_Perreault i hope so!
in my main doc i have to wait from 2 to 4 minutes for filtering some table out :sweat_smile:

In any case my comment was just to “lighten” the situation, think about the poor @nigel who had to tell us about this :sweat_smile:

p.s. if they have done this at 10 p.m. they would not solve everything because for example i’m in italy :smile:

1 Like

Ah, right! I apologize for thinking only of our time zone!

We have 50+ users in the main table so long lags are very disruptive. We’re new to Coda and it’s a huge complaint from our team. I’m hoping “the matter of time” until a faster processor is a super-short wait.

1 Like

Hi @Suzanne_Perreault,

You’re right to ask. This is only anticipated to be a slight disruption, and it’s possible that you won’t even notice. The reason for the timeframe is that we have more people staffed at that hour should there be anything that we need to troubleshoot or handle from a support perspective.

If there ever is work that requires definite downtime, we’ll choose a non work day and slower traffic time.

2 Likes

Why on earth would you do maintenance on a work day???

Thank you for always being responsive. Helpful—esp for new users.

1 Like

Maintenance is complete!