Privacy laws and data protection

There are quite a few use-cases where Coda does offer significant advantages over other systems, especially for those looking to use something closer to no-code. It’s also good to remember that there is a very broad range of use-cases that Coda handles. As you get towards the extremes, yes, there will be some hurdles to cross, but in general, we handle a lot.

The community gives a somewhat skewed perspective of how most people are using Coda. Community groups tend to be more of the power-users of a product and those looking to push limits. When backing up and looking at overall stats, many times the community sentiment or popular use-cases here account for less than 0.1% of the overall customer base. We push limits here and we want to find solutions and keep pushing limits here, which is great, we just have to also know that we’re looking for the edges and playing on the edges in some cases.

It’s because of this enthusiasm and willingness to push limits on a product that we see so many creative solutions and ideas happen here. It makes it a place of extreme creativity and highlights possibilities that we may not have realized the product had until seeing it on the community. So it really is a place that pushes things forward at Coda. We’ll keep doing our best to grow, and we do that pretty well and pretty quick, just not instant.

As for the roadmap issue, there are several topics posted and I’ve tried to answer in a few. When I got to Coda I was absolutely blown away at this teams ability to work together. There are goals to aim for, but many times someone finds a way to work the code that gives benefits in a couple areas and this is a team that can react to it that day, shuffle projects to take advantage of the change, and turn around other features quicker, and in-turn, get to other projects quicker.

Being able to shuffle projects to take advantage of momentum and maximize efficiency is what keeps things moving quick here. That also means that roadmaps can be pretty loose guidelines. So we have an idea of what we’re working on, but keep a lot of room open to maximize opportunities that pop up. This is a workflow that we’re sticking with at this moment and we feel like a roadmap would detract from it. So for now the roadmap is keep making Coda easier and more fun for people to do more.

4 Likes