Radar Chart Support

Any plan to add a Radar Chart?:

PS: is this forum still active? I’ve been posting a couple of questions for weeks and nobody had answered!

5 Likes

Dear @Francesco_Pistillo,

Of course this community is active, but the section you post to “Suggestion Box” is more of a kind to express your wishes ( and other users can up-vote) to bring it under the attention of the developers, WITHOUT to expect to get direct feedback. Only in case what you requested will be enrolled, you will be informed that it’s available.

In case you have questions / need for support you can best use “ask the community”, there community members and Codans will try to get you in the right direction. Always good to share a dummy doc to show what you aim for :bulb:

just bumping this up. Often times i need this kind of representation and unfortunately it’s not there…yet? :slight_smile:

I’ll bump it too. This would be a great feature.

This feature would be amazing in coda.

1 Like

Up!
This is a must if one have multidimensional data to show on a graph!
Must Have!!! :smiley:

Update: I’m pretty sure that coda use highcharts.com as charts providers, if that’s true adding charts should be an easy-going process, isnt it?

1 Like

@Mario

Coda is using highcharts that contain Radar chart template.
But D3,chartjs, echartjs are more popluar than Highcharts.

But didn’t open all chart templates . I don’t know why. bcz Coda need to re-code in Coda code ?

Actually, I need Priority Matrix chart for ICE prioritization, Value vs. Risk Model, ®ICE Scoring, Value vs Effort prioritization , etc , but I can’t find it in highcharts template.

I know just 2 project management software vendors have Priority Matrix features.

It’s so useful feature for prioritize idea/task/project.

1 Like

@Steve_Yang
Those data representation are very interesting, i could imagine many uses apart from “business-related” cases (for scientific data those are really cool, they let you compare datas with 2 dimension (or more probably with the ICE and RICE approach that i’ve never seen before, i have to be honest))
Coda definitely need new graphs, or at least i’d like to understand why if it’s technically easy to add new type of charts, we have no public plans for future integration.
I’m pretty sure that many users prefer new charts over new font or layout (with respect, i like the new font and layout…)
Coda is not so stable and ready to stop adding core features and start cleaning up the UI, i’d also like to have an open discussion about where coda is going, is the writer/journal one of the main scope of coda? ok so then fonts and section header with author are great addings, is coda an app maker? then i need more app-maker feature.
We cannot have it all if this sacrifice graphs! (that for a data analyzer software is a strange behaviour)

They have not been updated in the last year i think, and i’m pretty sure that nearly every type of Maker use and love graphs

Any idea about those possible future improvements on charts on Coda by Codans?

is there a way to @reference someone from coda team?
Like @codateam? it should exist!

Thanks, those do not want to be “free criticism” but an attempt to create a better communication between Makers and Codan, i have written at least 5 posts tagging codan and didn’t receive an answer in the latest weeks, probably something can be improved, do you agree?
Should coda share more about his future pathways with us? Or this aspect will create more and more “so hated free criticism” that would make this amazing community useless?
As a Maker that believe in coda so much that i’ve put my entire work in on it, i’d like to know if coda will became a basic journal diary keeper or a website creator, a form manager, an app maker, a cooler excel with buttons, or whatever…i remember from year ago that coda “wanted his users to discover what could be built on it”, we have discovered those, what next? Where i can found more information about coda future? is there any public plan?
If i know those information in advance i can prepare myself and my project/app to shine and earn from this situation
If i discover those after being added in the forum, what could i say? Thanks? what about the other 100 open request? what will be taken into account?
I’m pretty sure that developing just the fundamental features is a better approach, like “coda should be usable also for writers, let’s think something for them, probably their name, date of writing and a new font will be liked by them”, it cost less money, it allows the company to be really flexible, and cost-effective, but those continuous perceived change in company plans makes me as a maker unable to be ready to use coda as a professional tool. Simply because i’m not sure about what could be coda tomorrow.
I’m sure that all those aspect have been taken into account by coda team, and i do not want to criticize the work of anybody, this is just how i feel about non knowing where i’m going.

1 Like

@Mario

Yes. It’s really useful chart for every workflow ,even for Coda Team .

Yes. I totally agree. Although I suggested much more about UI / UX .
The gorgeous UI is easy to get new coda users. Everyone I know complaint UI Coda is (that word you know). But if some important features missed, I aslo refuse to use it. such as, nested page (Coda Team is working on it ) .

But if Coda have gorgeous UI and UX will be popluar . Many ppl eventually choose Notion UI rather than Coda UI. Look at Notion that lack of advanced Table , automatic and chart features. but Notion is more popluar than Coda. Why ? That’s power of UI. Coda team don’t realize what the power of UI/UX. Of course , Notion’s busniess model is different with Coda’s. Especially the Price. $10/m is double than Notion pro ($5/m), and Marketing Strategy reason.

I think Coda team is also thinking about his future road ,it’s still not much clear. White-lable software ? All-in-one place ? (Task, wiki, blog , project , app ) ? the goal is replaced Notion ? or or replace Traditional task/project software ? Actually That’s my goal of using Coda . :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: One of my top important thing is using Coda to build Personal Innovation / idea management app - Piima app based on Innovation / idea management software and theory . Only Coda have this potential to fit my all needs.

1 Like

If you get here by searching the community for radar chart solutions:

@David_Kossnick made a wonderful QuickChart Pack which also allows multiple datasets in a radar chart. Works like a charm!